Andaman and Nicobar Islands Rural Employment Generation
Rural Employment Generation of Andaman
Andaman and Nicobar Islands Khadi and village industries Board was established on 16th August,1988 for implementation of KVIC schemes at grass root level.
The broad objectives that The A & N islands KVIB has set before are
- a) The scocial objective of providing employment.
- b) The economic objectives of producing saleable articles
- c) The wider objectives odf craeting self-relaince amongst the people an dbuilding up of a strong rural community sprit.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands Khadi and village industries board is cahrged with the function of planning,promotion,organisation and implementation of khadi and village industries programmes in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development whereever necessary.
The package assistance avaialble with the board are:-
- a) Training to artisians engaged in village Industries.
- b) Providing financial assistance to institution and persons who are engaged in the development and operation of Khadi and Village industries and guding them through supply of designs,prototype and other technical information.
- c)To promote the sales and marketing of Khadi and product of village Industries and handicrafts in the territory.
Rural Employment Generation Programme[RGEP]-Gramodyog Rojgar Yojanana:
Rural Employment Generation
- The scheme is eligible to all new "Village Industry" projects setup in the "Rural Area".
- Any extension or renovation of existing unit will not be eligible for this facility.
- Cost of land will not be included in the project.
- Vilage industry means any industry loacted in rural area which produces any good or renders any services with or without the use of power and in which fixed investment per head of any artisian or worker doesnot exceed rs 50000.
- Any area calssified as village as per the revenue records of the state/UT irrespective of population
- It also includes an area even if classified as town ,provided its population doenot exceed 20000(as per 1991) census.
- All activities which donot apper in the Negative List are eligible for financing under the scheme.
Activities under negative list(not eligible for margin money under REGP) are:-
- Meat(processing,canning and/or serving ) and intoxicant items(production/manufacture/sale).
- Cultivation of crops/Plantation ,Animal Husbandary,Pisciculture,Piggry,Poultry etc and Khadi and Polyvastra.
- Any projects casuing enviroment problem.
The eligible agencies under the scheme are
- Individual artisian/Entrepreneurs.
- Self Help Groups
- Coop Scocities
- Public limited companies owned by state/Central goverment. (Partnership firm/private limited companies/Joint Browwers/Co-obligators/Joint ventures/HUF do not come under the ambit of Gramdyog Rojgar Yojana)
- All public sector banks
- Andaman and nicobar Co-opeartive banks
- Any adult above 18 yeras of is eligible for availing financial assitance under REGP.Only on eperson from one family is eligible for obtaining finance under Gramodyog Rojgar Yojana.
- 5% of the cost project cost
- Bnak will snation 95% of the project cost nad disburse full amount as loan.
- 30% of the project cost upto 10 lakh.
- Once the project is sanctioned by bank,before releasing the 2nd instalment loan,the beneficiary is to be imparted 3 day EDP training arranged by A$ N islands KVIB.
- Registration of unit with the Anadaman and Nicobar Islands KVIB under REGPis compulsory for which borrower is to pay registration fee @ 1% of the project cost and @ 0.5% for renewal of the registration.Registration is valid for 3 financial year.
Some Probable activities which could be considered under RGEP
Some Probable activities under RGEP
- Cottage industry
- Limestone,lime shell and other lime product industry.
- Stone cutting,crushing,carving and engarving for temples and buildings.
- Manufacture of Plaster of Paris.
- Jewellery made out of Gold ,Silver,Stone,shell and synthetic materials.
- Manufactur ing of pints,pigments,varnishes and dispenser.
- Cottage Match Industry
- Manufacture of Paper Cups,plates an dother paper container.
- Mnaufacture of excercise books,book bindings,envelop making,register making,register making,including all other stationery items made out of the paper.
- Broom making
- Photo framing
- Manufacture of jute products
- Collection of forest palnts and fruits for medicinal purpose.
- Leaf Cup Making
- Processing,packing and marketing of cereals,pulses,spices,condiments,masala etc.
- Noodles making
- Power atta chakki
- Mini rice shelling unit
- Indian sweets making
- Raswanti-sugarcane juice catering units.
- Bee keeping
- Fruits and vegetables processing,preservation and canning including pickles.
- Milk products
- Cattle feed,polutry feed making
- Manufacture of household aluminium utesils
- Manufacture and use of manure and metahne(Gobar) gas from cow dung and other waste products(Such as flesh odf dead aniamls,night soils) etc.
- Manufacture of paper pins,clips,safety pins,stove pins etc.
- Umbrella assembling
- Craved wood and artistic furniture making
- Tin smithy
- Motor winding
- Wire net making
- Iron grill making
- Manufacture of musical instruments
- Candle,camphor and sealing wax making
- Detergents and washing powder making(non toxic)
- Hand made paper product
- Paper bag making unit
- Jute Products
- Fibre Products
- Servicing of eclectrical wiring and electronic domestic appliances.
- Repair of diesel engines,pumpsets
- Tyre vulcanising unit
- Hiring sound system like loud spaeker,amplifier,mike etc.
- Tent Hosue
- Art Board painting
- Cycle repair shop.
- Music Band Troupe
- Motorised local Boat
- Motor cycle to ply as taxi.
- 14)Dhabhas(not serving liquor)
- Tourism and IT related Actvities
- Multi Gym
- Plying of autorickshow
- Batck works
- Toys and Doll making
For further detalis and application forms,plaese contactA&N I slands Khadi and Village Industries Board
Nearest branch of public sector Bank
Andaman and Nicobar State Coperative Bank